Owning a collection of stainless steel cookware is certainly quite helpful in cooking. Its high durability allows us to use it for a long period of time. Not to mention, it is really simple to cleanse it. However, if we do not maintain it really well, soon the cleaning task will be no longer easy as it supposed to. If you have a problem in doing this activity, we have the solution for you. Here we have some good tips on how to clean stainless steel cookware in several different situations.
How to Clean Stainless Steel Cookware (Top 4 Methods)
The first cleaning job we will share with you is how to clean the bottom of stainless steel pans. Cleaning stainless steel pans is actually easy to do. But, as time goes by, the bottom of it will develop stains mostly in black color. The cause of it can come from the heat of the stovetop or any spills from grease or food. There is no need to search some cleaning products to get rid of it. Using some supplies in your kitchen is quite enough for that like the one below.
Must-Check: Stainless Steel Cookware Sets Review
- First, pour one cup of vinegar into a dishpan and combine it with boiled water. Swish it around in order to mix the solution.
- Place your pan into the dishpan with the bottom sitting in the solution. Leave it be for about 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, dispose of the diluted solution from the dishpan. Then, fill it with hot water combined with a dishwashing liquid.
- Crease a piece of aluminum foil and use it to scrub the bottom of your pan.
- Once the stains are completely removed, you can rinse and dry the pan.
- If there are still remaining stains, you can let it sit into a dishpan filled with 2 cups of white vinegar. Leave it be around 30 minutes. After that, use crumpled foil to scrub the bottom, then rinse it with water and wipe it dry with clean cloth.
Recommended: Best Stainless Steel Cookware Cleaner
How to Clean Stainless Steel Pans with Vinegar
Not only can you use vinegar to clean the bottom of your pan, but also the inside of it. This ingredient mostly contains acetic acid. This substance is able to remove oil and grease that stuck in your pan. Using vinegar to clean your pan is quite easy. You only need to prepare 3 things for this task, which are 4 tablespoons of vinegar, 1 cup of water, and your stainless steel pan. Then, you can follow the steps of how to clean stainless steel pans with vinegar below.
- Pour a cup of water into your pan and add it with 4 tablespoons of vinegar.
- Put your pan on the stove top and turn it on. While boiling the mixture, you will see the stains are loosening from the surface of the pan.
- After the stains have come off, turn off the stove and pour the mixture into the sink. Most of the stains must have gone. The next thing to do is to scrub it with a sponge and liquid soap to clean the remaining stains.
- Rinse it with water, dry it with a clean cloth, and your pan will look clean again with no stains at all.
How to Clean Discolored Stainless Steel Pots
When we have been cooking with our stainless steel pots for a long time, there will be blue or brown stains at the bottom. That is what we call as discoloration. These stains will diminish the look of our pots. There are two main factors which can cause this issue. Those are cooking on high heat and cooking with burnt food residues left in the pot. If you do not completely remove the residues, it will leave stains in the pot when you reheat it. Besides these two, discoloration can come from water stains too as a result of mineral in the water. To fix this problem, we have 2 solutions you can choose.
Bar Keepers Friend is a cleaning product that does not contain chlorine bleach. Hence, you can safely use it on your stainless steel cookware. Follow the steps below to learn how to clean discolored stainless steel pots with this product.
- Rinse the pot with water to make it wet first. Then, use Bar Keepers Friend in your pot.
- Use a soft wet cloth to scrub it in circulation in the area of the stains. Once you finish it, rinse and dry the pot.
- If you use Bar Keepers Friend powder, you can mix it with water first to turn it into a paste.
- Smear the mixture to the pot and leave it be for a few minutes.
- When you rub the pot, the stains will come off easily. Once you have removed them all, rinse it with warm water and wash it with a dish soap. It will remove all chemical residues from the pot.
- To finish it, you can rinse it with hot water wholly and dry it completely with a clean cloth.
If you do not have Bar Keepers Friend, you can use white vinegar as the replacement.
- Fill the pot with 1 cup of vinegar and mix it with water.
- Boil the mixture for about 5 minutes and then let it cool Not a fan of the smell of boiled vinegar? You can simply leave the mixture a bit longer without boiling it.
- Then, wash it with a soap and hot water by using a soft cloth.
- Finally, rinse it wholly with hot water and dry it with a clean towel.
How to Clean Burnt Oil from Stainless Steel Pans
Burnt oil in the pan is one of the most annoying problems after cooking. It can be really hard to completely get rid of it. In the past, we usually require elbow grease to remove it. But, now we do not need to do that hard work anymore. The following steps below are one of a few tricks of how to clean burnt oil from stainless steel pans you can try. What you need here is 1 tablespoon of dishwashing soap and water.
- Pour a tablespoon of dish soap into the pan and add it with enough water.
- Put the pan on the stove and boil the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Use metal spatula or pad to carefully scrape the stains away. You can scrap it as much as possible.
- Then dispose the mixture in the sink and start to scrub the remaining oil with a sponge and dish soap. Finally, rinse it with water and dry it. There will be no more burnt oil on the surface.
Those are a few tips we can share with you about how to clean stainless steel cookware. Each procedure is different yet still, give the same result. By following any of these tips, you will see no more stains on your cookware.